LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The late John Asher is among six members of the 2021 class of the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame.
Asher -- who died three years ago -- was a former WHAS radio newsman, Churchill Downs executive and leading ambassador for the Kentucky Derby.
The other Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Dwayne Casey, a member of the 1978 Kentucky basketball team
- Western Kentucky football player and NFL coach Romeo Crennel
- UK swimmer and olympic gold medalist Rachel Komisarz
- former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison
- Elmore Smith, an All-American basketball player at Kentucky State University.
The class will be inducted during a ceremony in September.