LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Jefferson County Public Schools opened its hotline to help answer transportation-related questions families may have before the start of school.
Parents can dial 485-RIDE to speak with a member of the JCPS team who can provide important information about their child’s bus number and help locate bus stops closest to home. Families may also use the online JCPS Bus Finder tool.
485-RIDE will be open at the following times:
· Aug. 13, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Aug. 14, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Aug. 15, 6 a.m. until bus drivers complete their afternoon routes.
· Aug. 16, 7 a.m. until bus drivers complete their afternoon routes.
· Aug. 17, 7 a.m. until bus drivers complete their afternoon routes.
Also available to families year-round is the district’s customer service helpline, 313-HELP. The helpline streamlines service for JCPS families looking for answers to district- and school-related questions. During the school year, 313-HELP is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In the event families call their child’s school after the school day ends and get a recording during the first week of school, they can press “0” to get patched through to the main office line. School personnel will on-site and manning phones at their schools until children are home.