John Mooney is a 93 year old WWII Navy vet who shortly after graduating from St. X, joined the Navy and quickly saw action in Okinawa. He along with Jeff Thoke stopped by Kentuckiana's Saturday Morning News to talk with Scott Fitzgerald!
With a win in the USL Championship, Louisville City FC could be the first team in league history to 3 peat as league champions. The club sold out of it's championship game tickets in just 96 minutes. As the club gets ready to open a new stadium that some say will be the crown jewel of the league, how has LouCity soccer advanced the game not only here locally, but across the nation? Scott Stewart with the United Soccer League sits down with Scott Fitzgerald on Kentuckiana's SaturdayMorning News to talk about it.
Looking for something to do this weekend???
Things to do this weekend….
- CirqueLouis: The Circus Show, Saturday, Nov 16, 7:30 pm, Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts - $15.00 - $20.00.Sunday, Nov 17, 2:00 pm (The Sunday Sensory Friendly Performance is made possible with generous support from The Gheens Foundation.)
- Disney’s Lion King is playing at the Kentucky Center’s Whitney Hall at 2:30 and 8:00 p.m.
- 30th Annual Festival of Trees & Lights 2019 – Louisville Slugger Field - 401 E Main St, Louisville, KY 40202.Hundreds of decorated trees, wreaths and décor -- all of which are for sale to raise funds for Norton Children's Hospital. General Admission - $9 for adults; $6 for children under 12 and seniors 65+; free for children under 2. and snow ball toss!
- "This Wonderful Life" - The Bard’s Town - 1801 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205 - Love the film IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE? You simply can't miss this one-man show that brings the film to life before your very eyes.$18.00 - $23.00
- 4th Annual Eastern High School Band Holiday Boutique! - Eastern High School, 12400 Old Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40243 (8:30 am – 3:00 p.m.).More than 100 vendors selling those unique hard to find local Christmas gifts.
- Fan of silent films? Sunday at 3:00 p.m. it’s the Kings of Silent Cinema Series Louisville Memorial Auditorium at 970 S 4th St Louisville, KY 40203The works Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Laurel & Hardy will be on display.There is a suggested donation of $10
If sports are your thing:
- North American Championship Rodeo is tonight at 7:30 p.m. inside Freedom Hall as part of the North American Livestock Show
- It’s Senior Day for Bellarmine Volleyball as they host Southwest Baptist University today at 3:00 p.m.
- The 4th ranked Louisville Men’s Basketball team will host North Carolina Central at the KFC Yum! Center tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.
- 6th Ranked Louisville Field Hockey continues NCAA Tournament play tomorrow at 1pm vs. Boston College at Trager Stadium
- Also Sunday at 3:00 p.m. at the Woehrle Athletic Complex in Jeffersonville, IN the 12th ranked Bellarmine men's soccer team will look to remain undefeated when they face McKendree College in the Great Lakes Valley Championship Game.
Have something going on that you think folks should know about? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Kentucky State High School Football Results for Friday, November 15th
- Kentucky Country Day beat Eminence 34-26.They move on and will host Crittendon County who beat Russellville 41-3
- Holy Cross gets by Bethlehem 34-13.The Cougars advance to meet Newport Catholic Central who last night disposed of Ludlow 40-20.
- DeSales is a win away from the state semis with a 30-7 win over Christian Academy.They'll host Bardstown next week who hung 51 in Elizabethtown last night in their 51-27 win.
- South Oldham is off to the next round after beating North Bullitt 50-21.The Dragons will host Bowling Green after the Purples squeaked by South Warren 20-13.
- Male is moving on after they got by Fern Creek last night 27-8.They'll host St. X who beat Manual 28-9.
- Trinity had no problem with Ballard, beating the Bruins 42-12.They'll host Oldham County who won on the road last night beating George Rogers Clark 35-21.
- In a rematch between two rivals North Hardin gets by Central Hardin for the second time this year 31-7.The Trojans move on to face McCracken County who beat Henderson County 17-6