Leave your car out at night? Think it's locked? Think again. It took this group less than 30 seconds to jack this Tesla valued at over $100,000, even though it was locked. See for yourself in today's "Video Of The Day"
Playlist for Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Team - Lorde
- Sing Me Away - Night Ranger
- Mo Money, Mo Problems - Notorious B.I.G.
- On A Roll - Ashley O
- Rise - Jonas Blue
- The Boys Are Back - Dropkick Murphys
- All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley
- No Problem - Chance The Rapper
- Paperlate - Genesis
- Modern Day Cowboy - Tesla
- Strangelove - Depeche Mode
- Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) - Motley Crue
- I Am The Bullgod - Kid Rock
- I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins
- Rush - Big Audio Dynamite
- Rumors - Timex Social Club
- Show Me Love - Robyn S.
- My Body - Young The Giant
- Got Me Under Pressure - ZZ Top
- Stay - Zedd
- Still Not A Player - Big Punisher
- Homegrown - Zac Brown Band
- Kid Ego - Extreme
- Everything to Everyone - Everclear
- You're The Best Thing About Me - U2
- For The Love of Money - Bullet Boys
- Just A Friend - Biz Markie
- Machinehead - Bush
- Lit Up - Buckcherry
- 1985 - Bowling For Soup
- Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
- Let's Groove - Earth Wind & Fire
- All Lips N' Hips - Electric Boys
- Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
- Touch, Peel & Stand - Days of The New
- Just A Gigolo - David Lee Roth
The PGA Tour Championship is underway in Atlanta, Georgia. Can Louisville's Justin Thomas win again? NBC News Radio’s John Clark is there and joins Joe with the early favorites.
A Texas teenager is finally back home after an 18-day hospital stay that included an induced coma and time on a ventilator. Physicians at a Fort Worth hospital were puzzled about the lung blockage that nearly took the teen’s life, until a classmate revealed that his friend had been smoking e-cigarettes heavily since the 8th grade. ABC's Jim Ryan is following and joins Joe with a look.
Just under one-third of working Americans (29%) have increased their retirement savings contributions compared to last year, according to a new study by Bankrate.com. Sadly, 16% of working Americans are saving less for retirement than last year. Taking a look at the numbers with Joe is Bankrate.com's Greg McBride.
The answer to that question is … maybe. In recent days the FBI and local law enforcement have arrested individuals in Connecticut, Florida and Ohio who all made statements about committing mass shootings. Searches at their homes turned up assault rifles and large amounts of ammunition. But law enforcement can only act if they are aware, and that’s usually only made possible when they get intel from those close to the would-be shooter. Brad discusses the daunting task of identifying potential mass shooters - and stemming the tide on sales of automatic weapons. Speaking of sales, some gun sellers have figured out a loophole to keep selling those guns: they have taken to using Facebook and other social media to sell them by only advertising the gun box -- but with a price tag of several hundred dollars. With an estimated 15 million AR-15 type assault weapons in the U.S. -- added to the continued fight over meaningful background checks -- the odds of stopping attacks are not looking that good. ABC Crime & Terrorism Analyst Brad Garrett joins Joe with a look.
Metro Council President David James joins Joe Elliott ahead of the metro council meeting tonight. Items on the agenda for tonight include, final passage of the itinerant vendors ordinance, the .5 per cent increase in local property taxes. There have also been concerns raised about how the city handles the sale of surplus property. President David James joins Joe.