This is why we have things like OSHA. See for yourself in today's "Video of The Day"
Playlist for Monday, August 5, 2019
- Trip Switch - Nothing But Thieves
- Congregation - Foo Fighters
- Keep Away - Godsmack
- 5150 - Van Halen
- Land of Confusion - Genesis
- Midnight City - M83
- Touch of Gray - Grateful Dead
- Rock Me - Great White
- Jeopardy - Greg Khin Band
- And We Danced - Hooters
- Chemicals Between Us - Bush
- My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
- Left Hand Free - Alt-J
- Strangelove - Depeche Mode
- Antisocial - Ed Sheeran/Travis Scott
- So Cold - Breaking Benjamin
- What Kind of Man - Florence & The Machine
- Abacab - Genesis
- Tenderness - General Public
- Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals
- The Girl Got Hot - Weezer
- Say What You Will - Fastway
- Rest In Peace - Extreme
- Unbelievable - EMF
- No Problem - Chance The Rapper
- Slide - Calvin Harris
- Don't You Tread On Me - Damn Yankees
- Fascination Street - Cure
- Blister In The Sun - Violent Femmes
- Edge of a Broken Heart - Vixen
- Lazaretto - Jack White
- Nightlight - SIlversun Pick Ups
Dayton Police are still trying to figure out why 24-year-old Connor Betts, armed with an assault rifle, a bullet proof vest, and a mask went on a shooting rampage that left nine people dead including his sister, injuring another 27. Police do not have any evidence indicating any bias, and do not see any connection with the shooting in El Paso. They say the two guns he had, including the one he used, were purchased legally. The Dayton community held a vigil for the victims Sunday night. ABC’s Ryan Burrow is in Dayton and joins Tony with the latest on the investigation.
As the investigation gets underway into the two mass shootings, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies are digging into the backgrounds of the shooters. In addition, there are more calls for gun control along with responses from both local and political leaders. What are officials saying about these latest shootings – and what kind of impact will it have on the Presidential campaign. NBC News Radio’s Michael Bower joins Tony.
Local and federal investigators suspect that hatred of Hispanics sent a 21-year-old man on a murderous, 650-mile mission – from the suburbs of Dallas to a Walmart in El Paso. When the last of the bullets had been fired, 20 people lay dead and 26 more were wounded. ABC News has learned that after his arrest, the suspect told police that he “wanted to kill as many Mexicans” as he could. ABC’s Jim Ryan is on the ground in El Paso and joins Tony with the latest.
A day after Fed Chair Jerome Powell said that trade policy tensions had been reduced to a simmer, President Trump ratcheted up the heat to what cooks might call a “slow boil.” Last Thursday, Trump tweeted that as of September 1, the U.S. would impose a 10 percent tariff on the remaining $300 billion worth of Chinese goods imported into the U.S. What do the tariffs really mean? CBS News Senior Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger joins Tony.
Mayor Greg Fischer joins Tony to respond to the weekend's mass shootings.