4000 Buechel Bank Rd
Louisville, KY 40218
WORKING AT GE APPLIANCES IN LOUISVILLE, KY
Your career. Your future.
A 1,000-acre campus with its very own zip code, GE Appliances' legendary Appliance Park has been an integral part of the Louisville community since it first opened in 1951. In those 65 years, Appliance Park has seen its share of modifications and upgrades, including a facility-wide recycling program, onsite medical center and a fitness center, the Park Athletic Club, which is open to all employees.
Today, nearly 6,000 people—really just one big family—come to work at Appliance Park to help design, build and market the world's best appliances.
GE Appliances is a great place to build things—most of all your career and your future.
Job: Manufacturing Production Worker
Location: GE Appliance Park
Job Description: The manufacturing production worker performs assembly operation requiring frequent handling of heavy parts and/or responsibility & skill to transfer, operate, or adjust production equipment. The job will require the employee to switch between various production job assignments, and all job assignments are subject to rotation. Manufacturing production workers must be willing to perform work in a team environment – adhering to all attendance and safety rules, regulations & equipment requirements.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude; willingness to learn new ways and meet expectations of the various production assignments
- Must pass background check, drug screen, medical screen, and orientation
- Must be able to rotate among jobs in the GE Appliances Labor Pool
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime as required
- With or without accommodation, must be willing to wear personal protective equipment; for example, safety glasses, gloves, hats and ear plugs
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vibrating tools and air guns
- Ability to work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to: Constant standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, neck flexion, and using air tools; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbing, pivoting, twisting, neck extension/rotation, and using vibratory tools. Handling and lifting of parts and/or equipment (minimum of 42 lbs. lifting/carrying and 25 lb. pushing/pulling is required).
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Compensation: Starting at $14