(Louisville, KY) - The Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children's Hospital is seeing an increase in poisoning related to household cleaners.
The center says many cases indicate people are inhaling or accidentally consuming these products.
Health officials say there is no proof that the coronavirus crisis is a factor in the 20% rise of accidental poisonings but some believe the emphasis on clean hands and clean surfaces could be prompting people to use more cleaner than directed.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Copyright © 2020 TTWN Media Networks Inc.