Brothers Saved Meth Equipment In Fire, Left Their Grandmother To Die: Cops

 

Authorities in Steuben County, New York, say that a pair of brothers decided to save their meth lab instead of their grandmother when a fire tore through her home. Jarrett and Justin Gause were using their grandmother's house to cook meth when a fire broke out on May 14. They were arrested and charged with second-degree manslaughter, first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree unlawful manufacture of methamphetamine.

The case was presented to a grand jury, which indicted the brothers on charges of second-degree murder last week.

On Monday (October 21), the District Attorney's office announced that they had lowered the charges back to manslaughter after learning the two men decided to save the equipment from their meth lab instead of getting their grandmother to safety. The brothers did not even bother to call 911 to report the fire. After they got out of the house, they went to buy cigarettes.

The two brothers are still facing the reckless endangerment and drug manufacturing charges.

Photo: Steuben County District Attorney's Office

title

Content Goes Here